Raja Ampat off West Papua in Indonesia is remote and difficult to get to. That’s just one reason why it is one of the world’s premier diving destinations. Raja Ampat (translates into four kings) is also part of the coral triangle, the most diverse undersea environment on the planet.
The destination’s location between the Indian and Pacific Oceans, means Raja Ampat experiences a hotspot of fish and coral larvae. This means Raja Ampat has the most diverse marine environment within a region of incredible marine diversity.
The best way to explore this region is by live aboard charter, and the most comfortable boats are known as phinisis. These are old wooden trading vessels that plied the trade routes of the spice islands. They have been retro-fitted or built new for luxurious cruising. Phinisis have private suites and huge decks for dining and socialising.
After diving all day, enjoy a sundowner on the deck amongst Raja Ampat’s 1500 islands, cays, and shoals.
The underwater and land environments, in combination with a luxury charter create a truly memorable diving experience.
• Internal flights in Indonesia to Sorong from Bali or Jakarta.
• Meet and greet at Sorong Airport
• Local fast boat ferry to access the live aboard boat. This maximises dive time.
• 7 nights live aboard dive charter on luxury Phinisi vessel.
• All food and beverages on board the boat.
• Bilingual free dive certified tour host
• SCUBA gear hire
• All Indonesian government taxes.
• Personal spending
• International flights to Indonesia
• Comprehensive travel insurance
• PADI dive ticket or Free Dive certification. (please note we are happy to arrange training courses in Bali if requested)
• Medical clearance for diving.
0-50 – Low, 50-70 – Medium, 70-100 – High
- Technical Skills Required
- Fitness Required
- Filth Factor